Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Ladybug Day

For my inspiration post today I am using Ladybug Day found in the Summer Fun Digi's  tab in the SHOP.  The weather in the Pacific NW has been lovely and I just wanted to make one more card that was summery, bright and cheery.  Love these cute little ladybugs!

I made a simple easel style card with one of my favorite color combo - Black, Red and White


The image was colored using my Copic markers. I layered a black gingham strip from my scrap pile, over the top of a red scalloped border.  The image was layered on red cardstock. 

To finish my card, I stamped my sentiment with black ink and I have to confess, the cute little stitched die cut heart is covering an ink smudge.  It happens, but I love when I figure out how to salvage the card and not feel compelled to start over.

I hope you enjoyed my sharing today and please check out my blog,  Simply Frenzied for all the details.

Be sure to join us on the 15th for our September Challenge.

Have a wonderful day - Karen


No comments: