Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Even Vampires Do It!

     
Welcome back Whimsie Doodles fans! I hope you all enjoyed your summer, and are rested and ready for the holiday crafting season!
Have you checked out this month's new release yet??? The cute set of "Little Boo's" is perfect for Halloween goodies!
   
I used Vampie from the set to make a little Halloween treat for my kiddos... 


With all the sweets they end up with on Halloween, I thought this would be the perfect little non-candy gift for them.
I colored a few Vampie images, cut them out, and popped them up on a simple tag. The sentiment is something I just typed up myself. To keep the tops of the toothbrushes clean, I slid them inside of a clear treat bag... these are the long ones that hold pretzels (made by Wilton) and I just cut them in half to cover only the top. I tied on each tag with a little bit of burlap string. 


Pretty simple, but totally cute, right? 
These are actually very affordable if you have a bunch to make. I found the toothbrushes in a 3-pack at the Dollar Tree, and everything else was from my stash.
   
Hope you are inspired to get started on your Halloween crafting!
Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Laura, your coloring is 'fang'tastic! (Sorry, I just couldn't resist). Those little Draculas look amazing. The whole concept is so fun. But I keep going back to look at your coloring. Wow! :)

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

How adorable. Great idea. *U*

Sassy Raggedy said...

Just so so cute...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

CRAFTY VIDEOS TIPS said...

they are just lovely.. very nice crafty works... it very colorful wonderful.... your gallery is just very nice .graphics are very nice . your website it just super. best of luck . do come visit me some time. that goes to everybody who see this. WE.HOBBIESANDCRAFTS.NET. and please sign my guestbook at the bottom of my webpage to let me know you came to see me ( thank you.very much do look around the website you may find some thing you like. )